1 May 2010

Oh Laura


Having been a fan of Miss Marling for a few years now I remember her as a young acoustic artist who was painfully shy in interviews. Yet a few years and a lot of experience have flung her back onto the music scene with a freshly jaded and delightfully bitter new album. I speak because I can has a darker and fuller feel. 

Live it has a passion that resonates throughout the room and deep into your soul. I’d never seen her play with a band before, their powerful and captivating sound completely brought the album tracks alive.  Yet even during her acoustic songs the crowd were entirely mesmerised; you could have heard a plectrum drop. This girl has guitar skills a bloke would be impressed with, a voice that women would die for and an unusual gift in whistling the seven dwarfs would envy. At only 20 years old she makes me wonder, what have I done with my life?! But I can’t hate her because her music brings me too much joy. So in case you haven’t had the privilege of seeing her live, here she is with a track off her new album. Get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love / CAPICHE