21 April 2010

CUSTOM NIKES

I am always on the lookout for new trainers. Both my Nike Airs and Reebok Classic high tops are beyond salvaging. But my problem is that I'm too fussy. They have to be perfect and I can never find anything I like. So when I came across HappyCash Fashion you can imagine how thrilled I was.

Run by Anthony, he refashions Nike Dunks with a variety of designs and even takes custom orders. He says "First I have to prep the areas of the shoe I want to paint on, this takes away the factory finish that protects the leather. By doing this I can get right down to the leather and use special acrylic paint that binds with the shoe. For any outline detail on the design I first pencil it lightly then go over in sharpie to get a nice bold outline. I then paint inside the detail areas with extreme care. Once the prepping/painting process is complete I go over the whole shoe with a either a matt finisher or I just leave it for a gloss look. Voila! Lace up, box up, ship to the customer."









There's nothing quite as self-affirming as owning a sick pair of custom trainers. Check out Anthony's Tumblr for more of his designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love / CAPICHE