15 April 2010

Example - Kickstarts

I really really really love Example, have done since I heard What We Made back in 2007. I'd say it's Fulham's answer to The Marshall Mathers LP. And you know how most people hate it when acts they love suddenly become mainstream? Well in this case, I don't. The thing I love most about Example's new stuff is that he draws influence from a variety of genres, it has a wide appeal without "selling out", for want of a better term.
So when I heard that his new single Kickstarts produced by Sub Focus was Zane Lowe's Hottest Record In The World I was HYPED. Then when I heard it I was quite disappointed: it's a bit blase and nothing stands out. Maybe it's a grower?
Luckily though, the Bar9 remix is sick.



Wideboys, Afrojack & Fenech Soler have also dome remixes. Fingers crossed for a DJ Wire remix because that would be a banger.
Definitely check out Example's blog though, he posts a lot of cool shit.

1 comment:

  1. Exampleeee a little better on the eye than Marshall I'm thinking, and music not bad either!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love / CAPICHE