20 April 2010

Eyjafjallajokull Style... Yes Really

A volcano errupts and nigh-on chaos ensues. Well yeah, ash is a-spouting, planes are grounded and there's a strange and seemingly unwritten competition on the news for who can have the most adventurous journey home. A cab fare from Moscow to the deep depths of Poland for £1500? Status Quo my friends, I think you've been diddled.

What it does throw up however is some pretty visually arresting shots of the ongoing eruptions at Icelandic volcano Eyjafjallajokull. With possibly the best, slash, most unpronounceable name known to man, these images hosted on Flickr capture the twisted beauty of the 'act of God' causing so much chaos back on Blighty. 

                                        

                                                  

Intergalactic styling with apocalyptic undertones. Oh my didn't the late Alexander McQueen have an uncannily familiar vision not long ago?

                       

Even the high street was in on this flash fowarding malarkey, with River Island getting all galactic first.





















So fashion can predict current affairs and natural disasters now? Fascinating.

Excuse me while I get my palm read and donate some money to the shrine of Topshop; it may just pay off.

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love it. Just wait til Yellowstone though. x

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love / CAPICHE